Why work with us:
Blinker is a Denver-based mobile app that puts people in control of car ownership. We started our company because we believe the used car market has a major consumer problem – each year, twenty eight million people in the US buy or sell a car at the dealership and lose thousands of dollars in every transaction. Blinker is the only company that allows anyone to sell a car with a lien, buy a car with financing or refinance a car, all on their own with their mobile device.
Our CEO, Rod Buscher, founded Blinker in 2013. Today, Blinker's leadership team carries 170 years of collective automotive and lending experience. Blinker has received over 100,000 downloads and originated millions of dollars in auto loans. We’ve also won a 2017 SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, Colorado Biz Top Company Award, Telly Award, as well as been named a “Gazelle” by the Denver Office of Economic Development and a Colorado Company to Watch.
We’re looking for talented people to help us scale our business and serve a nationwide audience from our headquarters in downtown Denver. We’re a passionate, smart, and driven group, working together to cause some major market disruption. You could be part of that. If you’re eager and ready to work alongside inspiring teammates and make a major, positive impact on our business each and every day, we want you to join us.
What you will do and who you are:
- You will work closely with front-end engineering and product teams to solve complicated technical questions to build and maintain scalable and efficient APIs, support increased traffic, and drive our business forward
- You are a business-minded developer who understands the implications of what you build and the changes you make
- You do not expect to just work through a pile of requirements
- You are an experienced developer who comes with new ideas and challenges us to think about things from a different perspective
- You are a passionate developer with problem solving skills, an impressive ability to collaborate with other teams, and a relentless determination to do what is right for our users and our customers
- Coming to work every day with a great attitude is a part of who you are
What we value:
- 5+ years experience in a developer role
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience testing with RSpec
- Experience creating Ruby on Rails JSON APIs
- Experience code reviewing others' work
- You desire a fast-paced/startup work environment
- You prefer, and have experience with, working in tight-knit teams where you collaborate with Product Managers, UX, and Front-end Engineers
- You are diligent about writing excellent, thoroughly tested code and being responsible for your own bugs (no throwing over the fence here).
- Blinker Inc. does not currently provide Visa sponsorship
What we offer to you:
- Competitive pay + equity
- Paid/flexible time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and parental leave benefits
- 401K Plan
- Paid covered parking in Tabor Center garage or RTD transportation
- Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, beverages, & cold brew coffee on tap
- Regularly recurring, company-side social activities (e.g. BBQ lunches on patio and afternoon happy hours)